Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Application date: 15th Feb 2022
The Manufacturing Technology Centre is a UK success story – created to provide manufacturing systems solutions in an agile environment in partnership with industry, academia and other institutions. Working in partnership with Consilium Recruit they are seeking an Engineering Manager. The role is responsible for providing leadership and delivery of a specific function, or the technical delivery of a large programme of work, within part of the MTC‘s Technology Group, or Industrial Sectors
Benefits: The MTC lead the way with a superb suite of benefits including; 33 days holiday, fully flexible working week Monday-Thursday, Smart Holiday system, Life Assurance, Payment of professional subscriptions, Plus many others.
In the role of the Engineering Manager you will:
• As a Manager in the organisation, you will be involved in debating some of the policies, practices and values that are emerging from within the business and will be required to explain and champion these, and others, to effective implementation.
• You will need to persuade other colleagues of the need to adapt their approach and accept new concepts or processes.
• Through your knowledge, you will provide advice and guidance to both internal and external stakeholders on strategy, opportunities and risks, as well as possible people and business impacts of decisions.
• Working within your defined area and in collaboration with senior stakeholders, you may on occasion need to contribute to reaching agreement on responses to specific situations and participate in the resulting change management and communication plans.
• Contribute to or define the forward strategy for the Resource Management and participate or lead corporate initiatives as required;
• Work collaboratively with Senior Managers and Managers from other key functions (Business Development, Programmes, Product Development, Technology Management, and Resource Management) to understand and shape current and future capability requirements and product offerings.
• Be required to drive continuous improvement in technical aspects of the MTC‘s project delivery capability including: behaviours; processes; structures; and, tools.
• Based on your practical / operational experience and feedback from colleagues, you will need to identify and recommend improvements to processes, policies or procedures.
• Opportunities for improvement or innovation will come in area of product development, technology management, resource management or organisational management.
The role be accountable to the Group Resource Manager for the delivery of your role, with a dotted-line reporting to the Associate Director. You will be expected to work collaboratively with colleagues in the management teams within the Technology Group and Industrial Sectors to deliver the corporate objectives of the MTC and ensure alignment and effective delivery of functional and business unit strategies.
The ideal candidate for the role of Engineering Manager would have/be:
• A degree-calibre engineer, technologist, scientist or mathematician, have an understanding of the breadth of Engineering technologies and their respective manufacturing industrial applications across the Technology theme.
• A range of management and leadership skills along with knowledge and experience relating directly to the delivery of this management role. You will use this to lead the activities you are responsible for and to contribute to broader debates on the tactical direction of the business;
• Where required, advise technical leads and teams on projects to provide technical leadership and guidance in area of expertise, which should ideally be within a manufacturing or suitable industrial background within: Mechanical/Electrical design; Machine design; Automation and Controls; Systems Integration; to mitigate issues and risks to achieve a positive outcome for MTC and its customers.
• Commercially aware to inform decisions that benefit MTC, customers, and to industry;
• Able to think strategically;
• Adept at using micro-soft toolset: Word, PowerPoint & Excel;