Recruiter: Cooper Golding
Location: North Devon
Salary: Up to £50,000
Application date: 19th Sep 2023
With a dedicated and knowledgeable team, they prioritize employee expertise, loyalty, and staff retention to continually support new projects and stay at the forefront of UK manufacturing. They work closely with customers, assessing manufacturability from technical drawings and providing on-site visits.
What is the purpose of the Engineering Manager?
As a key role within the organisation, your advice and support to managers, supervisors, and colleagues will be instrumental to the improvement of the service to all employees across the company. Health, Safety, Quality and Delivery will be at the forefront of every decision.
Managing people, ensuring that staff at every level are engaged and effective in their roles. Staying close to the latest technology and recommending opportunities for business improvement and investment.
Problem solving by adapting to the ever-changing environment and reacting quickly to meet challenges. Setting and managing an Engineering Operational budget.
Roles and responsibility’s of the Engineering Manager:
• Develop a strong working relationship with all levels of employees and promote a culture of engagement across the company and the wider group.
• Implement Lean Manufacture Techniques ensuring an environment of continuous improvement.
• Lead, motivate, and support a large team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment.
• Implementation of career development plans for all direct reports.
• Problem resolution.
• Manage timely data collection to update operations metrics.
• Meet all productivity targets, reduce unit costs, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent customer service.
• Partner with cross-functional support teams in improving the proprietary tools and systems.
• Work closely with legal and safety departments to make sure activities remain compliant.
• Conduct budget reviews and report cost plans to the management team.
What will the Engineering ccountable for:
All Engineering and Operational related activities :
– System Creation and Development
– Operational Risk Mitigation,
– Production planning,
– Project Management,
– Budget creation and Management,
– Defining and realisation of KPI’s,
– Implementation of new policies and procedures,
– Identifying and closing out any skills gaps within the organisation,
– Ensuring communication between departments, maintaining an environment of continuous improvement.
What skills and experience will the Engineering Manager have?
• Minimum of 5 years Engineering Operation management experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques such as Six Sigma, Kaizen, and Prince 2
• Engineering Qualifications – Electronics systems and component manufacture
What will the Engineering Manager get in return?
• 25 Days holiday
• Health care
• Free parking
• Cycle to work scheme