Recruiter: Cooper Golding
Salary: £60,000 + benefits
Application date: 13th Mar 2024
About our client
A solid established manufacturing business based in North Devon, who are seeking a highly experienced mature Engineering Manager who can develop and guide a team of Maintenance Engineers
What is the purpose of the Engineering Manager?
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this is a middle management position to drive and improve a small team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers. Leading by example and supporting with a hands-on approach.
What are the responsibilities of the Engineering Manager?
• Set clear objectives and strategies for reportees’ and support them towards their individual and collective targets.
• Maintain excellent factory and inter departmental relationships and ensure that maintenance targets are met and costs controlled within budget.
• Provide an on-time service of acceptable quality standard as determined by customer and business demands.
• Ensure robust procedures are in place and adhered to.
• Enforce the company, Environmental Agency and HSE, Health and Safety
• Drive the achievement of efficient performance of the maintenance department.
• Develop and manage the preventative maintenance system and support budget adherence to provide machine reliability.
• Enforce company standards and discipline.
• Personally handle complex issues raised. Advise fellow managers accordingly.
• Advise Senior Management on production requirements and capital investments.
• Monitor and record resource and energy consumption data and statistics.
• Support the plan of workload and set priorities for maintenance and contract personnel.
• Ensure maintenance knowledge of the department is of the highest standard.
• Ensure a zero tolerance to unsafe practices is enforced.
• Maintain housekeeping standards of the highest level.
• Ensure excellent maintenance relations and efficient supplier relationships.
• Support selected suppliers to ensure best technical and quality performance.
• Ensure that daily, weekly, monthly, and annual targets are achieved.
What experience is needed for the Engineering Manager role?
• A desire to be both hands on and an experienced leader at the same time.
• Can manage budgets within cost parameters
• Has key understanding of manufacturing needs in relation to efficiencies, quality and budgets
• Needs to be an effective and positive communicator
• Must be a decision maker
• Must be an effective “self-starter”
• Must be able to drive change forwards
• Have previous experience in a manufacturing environment
• Certified mechanical biased engineer with appropriate qualifications – minimum HNC (or equivalent).
What will the Engineering Manager get in return:
• Salary is up to £60,000 dependant on experience.
• 40 hours per week – Monday to Friday day shift working
• Holidays – 25 days per annum plus Bank Holidays
• Company Sick Pay after successful probationary period on a sliding scale.
• Pension Scheme – 3% Employee/6% Employer.
• EAP service provided by Health Assured.
• Free Local Gym Membership