Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Application date: 14th Jun 2023
A new role has arisen for an experienced General Manager to join a leading automotive manufacturing business based in Birmingham, West Midlands.
Working within a busy manufacturing environment, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operational performance of the business, planning and achieving sales, margin and costs, the recruitment of staff, managing and maintain cost expenditure within budgets, delivering monthly performance reports to the Directors and working closely with the Senior Management team.
This client in Birmingham, requires an experienced General Manager on a permanent basis. As a General Manager, you will be required to:
• Be responsible for the day-to-day operational performance of the business.
• Planning and achieving sales, margin, and costs.
• Managing the purchasing and productivity reports
• Working closely with the directors regarding new product development.
• The recruitment of staff
• Managing and maintain cost expenditure within budgets.
• Delivering monthly performance reports to the Directors
• Working closely with the Senior Management team
The General Manager should have the following skills or experience:
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Experience within the automotive / manufacturing / defence industry.
• Proven experience in effective planning, budget controls and objectives.
• Awareness of the statutory duties of a Company Director and relative to the Companies Act.
• Strong interpersonal skills and diligence when dealing staff matters.
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
• Holds or willing to work towards Post Graduate Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
• Holds or willing to work towards ICM Level or equivalent.
• Member of IET/IMI Professional Body.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with previous General Manager experience that would like to join a well-established business that could offer future progression and development opportunities. In return for your experience, this Birmingham based manufacturer will offer you:
• Full time permanent contract
• Day shifts Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
• Company car, or company car allowance
• 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
• Discretionary annual bonus
• BUPA Medical healthcare plan
• Annual salary to be discussed upon application.
• 5% Pension contribution