Head of Quality
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Application date: 5th Dec 2023
About the role
Have you led a quality team to increased performance?
Have you experience of leading complex audits?
Do you have a great working knowledge of ISO9001?
Futures is currently working with a well-renowned manufacturer looking to add a Head of Quality to the team!
As Head of Quality, you will take full responsibility for everything quality related and must be very hands on in order to get things done. This opportunity would be a great fit for an experienced senior quality engineer with some people management experience who is looking for the next step up or a quality manager looking for a new challenge.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
• Day to day management of ISO9001 and ISO14001
• Continually improve effectiveness of the Quality Management system through performance measures and metric management
• Engage with maintenance, production, design and quality departments at shop floor level to improve skills and lead cultural change
• Support NPD and NPI activity
• Identify quality and efficiency improvements across design ,supply chain and production
• Work with suppliers for raw material improvements, cost reduction and audits
• Implementation and co-ordination of the 5S systems
Your Experience and Skills:
• At least 5 years experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Minimum three years experience directly managing ISO9001
• Ability to interpret complex engineering drawings
• A practical understanding of product development processes (DFMEA)
• An understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
• Experience of supplier quality development
• Dynamic personality capable of leading cultural change across shop floor departments