Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £46,000 - £48,000
Application date: 23rd Jun 2023
A global leader in the Automotive industry with a focus on sustainability has a new permanent opportunity for a HSE Manager. The position will develop, implement, and monitor all Health and Safety policies, systems and procedures, to reduce the risk to employees and others to the lowest level that is reasonably practicable, and to ensure all statutory and Company standards are met at all times.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
• Provide advice and guidance on legislation and industry best practices.
• Design and implement policies, systems and procedures.
• Record incident statistics and analysis.
• Schedule risk assessment for completion, and assist/advise on COSHH, Fire, Machinery and Noise risk assessments.
• Liaise with Occupational Health, to promote health and wellbeing strategies.
• Design and deliver Health and Safety training programmes.
• Advise and assist the Health and Safety Committee.
• Manage expenditure within the Health and Safety budget.
• Incident investigation.
• Liaising with statutory bodies including the Health and Safety Executive, Fire Authority and Insurance Companies.
• Collating and reporting monthly HSE performance indicators.
• Document compilation against Employer Liability claims.
This position would suit a HSE professional who has experience will all or most of the following:
• Health and Safety Management Systems.
• Policy, Systems and procedures relating to Health and Safety.
• Risk Assessments.
• Preferably NEBOSH qualified.
• Internal/External accident reporting.
• To act on behalf of the company to statutory investigations, (H&S, Fire, insurance requests.)
• Limits of Authority – to prevent People, Plant and Equipment in breach of Health and Safety legislation, company standards, and official guidance.