Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £50,000 - £58,000 + benefits
Application date: 8th Mar 2023
A reputable company within the Food Manufacturing industry are looking for a Maintenance Manager to join their fast-paced dynamic manufacturing engineering team. As a Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for leading and managing the day to day running of the shift and ensuring all machinery is running smoothly and ensuring compliance with safety regulations.
As a Maintenance Manager your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of:
• Lead and manage the Engineering team to ensure reactive machinery breakdowns are attended to quickly and efficiently and ensure regular routine preventative maintenance is carried out.
• Work and collaborate with the operations department to minimise plant disruption.
• Responsible for the control and management of engineer tools and stock inventory.
• Identifying root causes and suggesting possible improvements to prevent further breakdowns from occurring and share best practice amongst your team.
• Manage and participate in mechanical and electrical projects where required.
• Ensure all activities are carried out within company and legislative health and safety and environmental guidelines reporting any issues and ensure regular checks are carried out,
• Follow the communicated escalation route for unscheduled plant downtime and minimise downtime by following good engineering practice
An exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Manager with the following:
• HNC or Advanced Apprenticeship in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Experienced working within a fast-paced environment ideally within Food and Drink/FMCG manufacturing.
• Previous exposure to mechanical processes and assemblies including electrical or welding/fabrication experience.
• An understanding of PLC’s, Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
• Flexible to fit in with the shift pattern.
• IEE 17th or 18th edition desirable.