Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £90,000 - £95,000
Application date: 12th Mar 2024
I am working closely with a large Scottish manufacturing client who are looking for the services of an experienced Manufacturing Director to join their team in the Perth area. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the strategic management of the site covering engineering, maintenance, and production on the entire site, to ensure that all products are manufactured to the highest quality standards, and that production targets are met on time and within budget.
The Manufacturing Director will also be responsible for managing an exciting opportunity for new investment coming into the plant and overseeing this new investment, which will encompass the refurbishment of the complete operation and associated introduction of a new plant over the coming 18 months.
• Oversee the entire manufacturing facility, including equipment maintenance, customer satisfaction, engineering controls, maintenance, and production from raw materials to finished products.
• Implement and coordinate plans to ensure maximum efficiencies are achieved on site.
• Ensure that manufacturing targets are met on time and within budget.
• Manage a team of staff, ensuring that they are trained and motivated to achieve their goals.
• Develop and implement manufacturing plans and schedules.
• Monitor manufacturing performance and implement improvements where necessary.
• Ensure that all health and safety regulations are adhered to.
• Liaise with other departments, such as sales and marketing, to ensure that production meets customer demand.
• Proven experience as a Manufacturing Director or similar role.
• Strong leadership and management skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures.
• The ability to develop and implement manufacturing plans and schedules.
• The ability to monitor performance and implement improvements where necessary.
• Knowledge of health and safety regulations would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of engineering would also be advantageous, but not essential.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.