Manufacturing Improvement Team Lead
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Market related
Application date: 21st Feb 2024
Do you have Manufacturing Improvement experience, and are you seeking a new job in Wolverhampton within a Team Leader / Supervisory position? Jonathan Lee Recruitment is helping a collaborative company recruit a Manufacturing Improvement Team Lead, and the role comes with an excellent salary and benefits package.
As a Manufacturing Improvement Team Lead, you will be involved in leading the improvements in the operational organisation of Ansaldo Wolverhampton generally by the application of lean manufacturing techniques to achieve targeted improvement in the key metrics for: schedule adherence, on time in full (OTIF), quality cost (COPQ), lead-time and productivity. This will be achieved by Developing and optimising plant layout and organisation, Optimising working practices through the development of procedures and work instructions and Supporting the selection and application of appropriate technology for process and information flow.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities include:
• Process mapping the material and information flow.
• Using the above to develop, with others, an optimised flow and facilitating the actions to achieve this.
• Developing and facilitating local lean activity such as work station layout and visual processes.
• Analysing data to identify process failings and opportunity for improvement, such as: stock turns, cycle and lead-times, value added activities, SMED.
• Establishing appropriate re-order / supply technology such as: Kanban, planned WiP levels etc.
To apply for this Manufacturing Improvement role, you will need 5 years of experience in a similar position and a experience within a manufacturing/engineering environment. You will also require the following:
• Through understanding of production processes, tolerances and work scopes
• Knowledge of PFMEA
• Ability to analyse data, when not all is available.
• Thorough understanding of financial reporting
• Detailed Lean knowledge and its application
If you’re looking to impact and create change positively, you’ll be rewarded with an excellent salary and benefits package for your inclusive and committed approach.