Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000
Application date: 13th Dec 2023
About Our Client
Our client is a leading and growing manufacturing company in the steel industry.
Reporting into the Managing Director, you will lead the production operations and production scheduling processes for existing and new product lines, overseeing the manufacture of products, ensuring production, performance, HSE and quality standards are consistently met. You will recommend improvements to production processes, methods, and support implementation of new production technology. You will focus on operational priorities, analyse performance, motivate people to deliver and drive operational excellence, delivering customer requirements, on-time, in-full. Part of the site senior management team.
· Lead the development and execution of the site production plan, in line with overall manufacturing strategy, anticipating and mitigating risks and leveraging opportunities, whilst meeting SQDCP objectives.
· Develop and manage production schedule and operations budgets for products to directly support and ensure that the product is delivered to agreed quality, cost, and delivery schedule.
· Ensure the production schedule is successfully executed via the production teams, developing and agreeing appropriate manpower budgets and schedules, key activities, and ensuring integration with other organisation processes.
· Drive operational excellence in the delivery of the production process, ensuring best in class standards are achieved and upheld against improvement / stretch targets
· Identify and communicate the actions needed to implement manufacturing / production strategy and business plans
· Manage a team of production managers and production planners ensuring plan achievement and the delivery of production KPIs
· Develop and deliver change management plans to drive production continuous improvement in process, systems, and working practices that drive efficiency, quality and safety outcomes aligned to the overall mission, values, and strategy
· Communicate the production strategy and business plan and its relationship to the company mission, vision and values.
· Engage and continually manage stakeholders addressing their needs, issues and concerns and reacting to these by leading and coordinating the development of stakeholder engagement plans to support the communication of business information and decisions
· Report on Manufacturing activities on a regular basis to the Senior Management team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators
· Define the team structure and skill set required for success; continuously develop the team in building robust and flexible team capability
· Identify the capacity and capabilities needed to meet the current and emerging production needs
· Input and hold responsibility for manufacturing budgets
· Prepare the annual Manufacturing budget and forecasts and Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects
· Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
The Successful Applicant
· Ideally you will be from a metal processing backgroind, or have experience at this level wotking in a heavy industrial, metals based or engineering sector. Proven production leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development in the achievement of specific outcomes & results
· Demonstrable experience of leading a batch manufacturing function with a proven track record in strategic manufacturing leadership delivering effective manufacturing strategies, policies, processes and systems
· Leading in a lean manufacturing environment including demonstrable experience of lean manufacturing governance, tools & techniques implementation.
· Demonstrable experience of continuous improvement tools & techniques; ideally green belt qualified or equivalent experience
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
· Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
· Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
· Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
· Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against programme deadlines
· Resilient, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
· An appreciation of and an ability to positively resolve issues arising from different cultures
· Demonstrable experience working within the requirements of AS9100 or comparable ISO / TS / IATF certification framework.
What’s on Offer
£70,000 to £80,000 plus package.