Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + benefits
Application date: 28th Jun 2023
About Our Client
Our client is part of a global manufacturing group, the site in Chippenham is one of the largest in Europe.
As the Production Manager you will be responsible for:
• Define, plan and implement departmental productivity and efficiency improvements around Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People metrics.
• Apply a proactive cross functional outlook throughout the production environment liaising with key stakeholders in engineering/development/QA/scheduling.
• Support a continuous improvement culture and engagement of all employees in manufacturing plans.
• Develop and pro-actively manage the Health and Safety systems and procedures driving safety KPI’s to ensure accident prevention and safety improvement in manufacturing.
• Co-ordinate activities with site and distribution management to ensure operational efficiency and safety standards are maintained and improved.
• Ensure manufacturing on time in full (OTIF) and production plan attainment are in line with business objectives.
The Successful Applicant
As the Production Manager your skills and experience will include:
• HNC/D in relevant manufacturing or engineering discipline
• Demonstrable career in Production Management gained within assembly, material forming, plastics or polymers high desirable.
• Effective coach, mentor delivering improved performance through people engagement
• Lean/Six Sigma methodologies – Certification to minimum Green Belt Level
• Good working knowledge of H&S legislation in relation to manufacturing (IOSH/NEBOSH qualification)
What’s on Offer
Circa £60,000 plus excellent benefits – pension, bonus, car allowance.