Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 + benefits
Application date: 6th Oct 2022
As Works Manager for this SME manufacturing business, you will be joining an established SME that has a strong history of supplying machined and fabricated assemblies across a range of industrial sectors. They are now looking to recruit a forward-thinking Works Manager who will report directly to the Managing Director. To be successful in this role you will need significant manufacturing and production management experience gained working within a fast-paced batch processing, runners repeaters & strangers environment. As Works Manager you will have an in-depth understanding of lean manufacturing with a track record that demonstrates an ability to work with people, challenge tradition and manage change creating a sustainable continuous improvement culture that is underpinned by high levels of employee engagement and ownership.
To be considered for this Works Manager position you must have or be:
• Manufacturing engineering management experience gained working within a fast paced, precision CNC machining / fabrication ERP controlled environment.
• An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques at all levels across the business, developing flexibility, creating engagement, and building a team-based ethos.
• Able to develop effective and well controlled manufacturing operations that are delivered consistently through the use of Standard Operating Procedures and measured using appropriate, meaningful, and easily understood Key Performance Indicators that will drive productivity improvement.
• A thorough understanding of modern manufacturing methods, production planning and scheduling, engineering change control, visual management, JIT, 5S, Kanban, and pull systems, together with problem solving tools such as 8D, A3 Thinking, 5 Why’s and Root Cause Analysis.
• A Production, Manufacturing or Engineering qualification to C &G / ONC / HNC, HND level, supported by a full apprenticeship with direct production management experience.
• Excellent communication skills, setting high standards, leading by example, with a tenacious approach to continuous improvement and instilling disciplines that will deliver exceptional levels of productivity, quality, and customer service.
• A dynamic and driven personality, dependable, analytical, precise, data driven with an ability to build robust working relationships at all levels, from the shop floor to the boardroom, with customers and suppliers alike.
As an experienced Works Manager, you will have a successful history of implementing change, challenging tradition, and introducing sustainable lean manufacturing techniques. This will require strong leadership with a deliberate, consistent, fair management style with a focus based on Quality, Cost and Delivery that ensures the highest levels of customer service.