Assembly Operations Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £70,000 + benefits
Application date: 22nd Nov 2019
An Assembly Operations Manager is required for a traditional manufacturing business involved in the manufacture of complex assemblies. The company is now looking to introduce a new product which will dramatically increase production volumes. As part of this growth they will introduce cell manufacturing and an operations strategy based on rapid response, right first time, no fault forward, short lead time manufacturing principles.
As Assembly Operations Manager you will work with the existing production team to develop a modern responsive manufacturing facility. The position requires an in-depth understanding of lean manufacturing and more importantly a track record that demonstrates an ability to train, coach and work with people to create a sustainable continuous improvement culture that can deliver against exacting SQCD targets.
To be considered for this Assembly Operations Manager position you must have:
• Experience working as a Manufacturing Manager/Operations Manager/Operations Excellence Manager or Continuous Improvement specialist with significant hands on direct production management experience.
• A thorough understanding of advanced automated, semi-automated and hand assembly production equipment, processes and methods.
• Knowledge of developing green route and line side supply that operates on JIT, single piece flow, kanban, pull system principles with minimum stock and work in progress levels.
• Strong materials planning and production scheduling experience working with modern ERP/MRP and shop floor data capture systems.
• Experience working within a high-volume assembly environment that could include automotive, domestic appliances, electronics, electronic device manufacture or general engineering.
• A real passion for Continuous Improvement, establishing standard operating procedures and simple but effective KPIs.
• An ability to coach, train and educate employees in modern manufacturing techniques and work with production teams to define shop floor layouts and standard operating procedures
• Excellent people management and communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), able to create understanding, engagement and self-directed work teams.
This is a challenging high profile role and you will work as part of a close knit management team that will report directly into the Managing Director. The role of Assembly Operations Manager will be a catalyst for change and require strong leadership, management and decision-making skills with a focus based on safety, quality, cost and delivery and the highest levels of customer service.