Business Development Manager
Recruiter: Sierra 57 Consult
Location: South West
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + commission & benefits
Application date: 8th Feb 2023
Working with our client, an established manufacturer and supplier of injection moulding parts, we are seeking a UK based experienced Business Development Manager with excellent technical knowledge of Plastic injection Moulded parts and selling into a client portfolio within Plastics.
• Supporting company growth in an exciting phase of their successful product portfolio order books, this post will suit an experienced Sales, Business Development or proven Commercial Individual with excellent technical knowledge of the injection moulding industry and related injection moulding products and will have served in an injection moulding or plastics engineering discipline.
• We are looking for self-motivated, enthusiastic and charismatic applicants to work closely with the broad range of our client’s known contacts database across the Southern/South Eastern regions of the UK
• As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, developing and generating business enquiries & sales leads to aid in driving company growth within their established technical Service & Customer Support team.
• This role will suit either a Technical Sales Manager or Business Development professional who MUST have experience within Plastic injection moulding or plastics industry.
• The successful Business Development Manager will be an excellent negotiator with proven experience of sales.
• The Business Development Manager will work to improve the company’s market position and achieve financial growth, helping to define long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating & closing business deals related to after sales products/services and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
• The Business Development Manager will also manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. You will call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
• The successful candidate will work in a senior sales position within the business. It is their job to work with the internal/external teams, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization. To achieve this, they need to find potential new customers, present to them, and ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
• In the role of Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers.
• To identify new business opportunities, including new markets, new clients, new partnerships or new products and services.
• You will be responsible for devising business development strategies to successfully reach new business opportunities.
• Building relationships with new customers, understanding their requirements and developing proposals to meet those requirements.
• You will be required to negotiate and closes sales by agreeing acceptable terms and conditions which manage business risks successfully.
• Attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events to build relationships with industry partners and stay abreast of market trends.
• Making technical presentations / pitches and demonstrating how a product will meet client needs.
• Possessing a strong technical understanding of the company’s products and services as well as good knowledge of market competition.
• MUST HAVE experience within Plastics manufacturing or selling plastics products.
• MUST HAVE proven Business Development, Account Management or Technical Sales experience.
• HNC level minimum or equivalent in Polymer engineering or Science or mechanical, production or manufacturing engineering
• A professional manner is essential, both face to face and via telephone/email.
• Strong & effective negotiation skills.
• Experience in sales within technical plastics or plastics engineering, preferably injection moulding.
• Self-motivated, reliable and must be able to work unsupervised.
• The right personality and the sales experience are keys to the success of this important role within the company.
• Must have experience in research, writing & marketing knowledge, and good use of social media
• Must have good experience in sales planning, sales forecasting, sales prospecting, diary management and CRM / Database management
• Must have excellent & clear English communication skills