Business Improvement Manager
Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Application date: 4th Jan 2023
About Our Client
My client is a high growth/high potential manufacturer that is looking to drive improvement across its operating processes through its people.
• Develop and drive a culture of continuous improvement ensuring the engagement and involvement of the entire team to deliver benefits across the balanced scorecard.
• Develop and project manage a lean implementation focused on value chain and standard work and the performance management cycle
• Lead and drive improvement activities across all aspects of production through Measurement, Analysis, Improvement and Control to continually improve the production process. Using a defined and standardized problem-solving methodology.
• Provide tactical coaching and training of staff ensuring that they develop Lean Methodology and Continuous Improvement Techniques.
• Proactive problem solving by leading and supporting root cause analysis when production issues arise.
• Suggest corrective and preventative actions and ensure that these are appropriately documented and approved.
• Manage variance to standard collaboratively with Ops Managers and develop counter measures.
• Conduct capacity and performance studies with detailed analysis of existing production facilities, systems & processes.
• Ensure the factory layout is suitable for an efficient manufacturing process.
• Responsible for collecting production data, analysing performance, and determining corrective courses of action to promote safety, quality, and efficiency.
• Follow up initiatives, ensuring the improvements are sustained and measured
• Modify and develop processes, documenting in Standard Operating Procedures and standard work as required
The Successful Applicant
• Excellent understanding of Business Improvement methodologies such as LEAN manufacturing and standard work measures
• Proven track record of working as a CI/BI specialist within a manufacturing environment – experience of implementing and developing CI/Lean techniques is essential
• Strategic, financial and data experience.
• Leading and engaging people
What’s on Offer
• Competitive salary based on experience + great benefits (pension, healthcare, bonus, up to 85% off products)
• Opportunity to add value to a good business that wants to be great