Chief Engineer – Power Electronics
Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Application date: 5th Nov 2018
A high technology company is looking for looking for a Chief Engineer. As Chief Engineer you will act as the technical authority and subject matter expert on Power Electronics, Batteries and E-Motor for hybrid and electric vehicles in motorsport and niche automotive applications. This Chief Engineer role will also curate the technology roadmap in this area keeping the business at the forefront of industry trends.
• A Chief Engineer should be a strong and confident technical leader, accountable for technical decisions and technical delivery on projects, working closely with Technical Leads
• Perform design reviews and sign off designs and documents
• Support bid tenders and pre-sales activities to ensure alignment with technical capabilities, strategy and ability to deliver
• Liaise with and management of third party organisations including customers, partners and suppliers.
• Attend relevant conferences or seminars to remain up to date with current technological developments
• Accountable for technical solutions, deliverables and risk management to meet long-term business goals
• Defines technology based critical success factors, provides high-level direction and significant input to proposals.
• Interprets internal/external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices.
• Introduces radical improvements to business processes, where appropriate.
• Supervises research from a basic concept through to a feasibility proof, generating IP as appropriate.
• Directs time ensuring optimal use of skills and experience in providing most value to the business
• Leads disruptive change to a positive outcome, using sound engineering principles; thinks outside of the box
• Contributes to policy on safety issues and champions safe working practices.
• Assesses new products, clients and markets, representing the company externally in a thought leadership capacity.
• Develops and delivers complex systems. Plans and executes adoption of new techniques across the business and disseminates knowledge.
• Guides and mentors staff.
• First class degree or upper 2nd in Engineering, Electronics, Physics or other relevant field (or equivalent experience). Preferably post-graduate qualification such as PhD.
• Chartered Engineer status from a recognized professional engineering institution such as the IET.
• Specialist technical expertise in one of battery, inverter or e-motor design and working knowledge of the technology in all 3.
• Strong design, analytical and numerical skills.
• Product or industrial design creative ability.
• Significant technical knowledge in areas of expertise.