Continuous Improvement Lead
Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 + bonus & benefits
Application date: 21st Sep 2022
About Our Client
Our client, which is based in Kent, takes innovation to the next level. Having pioneered new technology to make our lives smarter, they’re a forward thinking organisation who have clear growth plans in place.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
• Accountable for execution of CI strategy across the business.
• Developing knowledge of LEAN principles and best practices within the organisation.
• Develop and implement plans to improve systems and standards, capacity, efficiency, productivity, operational processes, and drive cost reduction.
• Increasing productivity within the organisation by leading usage of the appropriate LEAN tools (e.g., value stream mapping, 5S, JIT) to eliminate losses such as delay, duplication, unnecessary movement, unclear communication, incorrect inventory, lost sales, and product defects etc.
• Coaching the team across all departments in continuous improvement techniques/tools and supporting them to cascade this approach to their teams to engage employees develop a proactive continuous improvement environment.
• Project manage improvement initiatives.
• Create and maintain a continuous improvement database and develop a set of KPIs.
• Oversee the implementation of new processes and standards.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
• A background of working in a lead CI position including at a senior level.
• Worked in identifying opportunities for performance improvement
• A background of implementing and sustaining LEAN methodology from a low base to a high standard.
• The ability to deploy a change program through coaching and mentoring.
• A degree, or a background in; manufacturing, mechanical or electromechanical engineering.
• An accredited LEAN Six Sigma Green Belt as a minimum and preferably Black Belt, or equivalent.
• Excellent IT skills, background of ERP and knowledge of specific software packages.
• A high level of analytical capability.
• A strong background in implementing LEAN / CI.
• Strong financial and commercial awareness, with a good understanding of interaction between all functional areas.
What’s on Offer
On offer is:
• Circa £50,000 to £55,000.
• 10% Bonus.
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
• Early finish on Friday.