Continuous Improvement Manager
Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Application date: 11th Aug 2021
Your new company
Our client provide solutions that help its customers manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. Its divisions include Electrical Products, Electrical Systems and Services, Hydraulics, Aerospace, Vehicle and eMobility.
Your new role
The Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager will manage the team and lead the deployment of Quality, Continuous Improvement and Lean in the plant, demonstrating World class metrics; performing in a Lean Culture by promoting, leading, managing and coordinating the continuous improvement programme. Promoting the QMS Quality Management System in-line within the manufacturing business with complex supply chains to meet the business goals and objectives.
• To develop and deploy the CI Roadmap strategy, utilizing appropriate lean tools and techniques to achieve a minimum standard of the Lean Six Sigma tools of VSM, Standard work and 5S and meet business KPIs.
• To develop and progress all the Lean Six Sigma tools where appropriate in line with business requirements
• To achieve the annualised profit plan savings (‘Cost out’) by co-ordinating, managing and developing the project deck and plans as defined in business objectives, including sponsoring projects and supporting VAVE and NPI activities and events
• To facilitate and promote the Kaizen calendar and ensure this is deployed throughout the business, whilst driving and supporting the activities
• To be the Leader of change throughout the business via identification, quantification and management of projects derived from all areas of the business from operations/manufacturing, supply chain and all support areas of the business
• To identify and implement process improvements with the key business deliverables of quality, cost, service and inventory.
• To deploy best practice lean tools and techniques within the business including Lean Six Sigma tools through coaching and training of key managers, supervisors and staff. Including leading and facilitation of Kaizen and 5S team events. Ensuring that these methodologies enable the business to deliver products and services to meet the changing demands of the customers.
• To eliminate or reduce business issues through the use of root cause analysis and corrective actions plans
• To engage fully with the whole organization to promote the benefits of Lean/CI and gain buy in on the Lean/CI culture to become a business ethos
• To have a flexible approach to CI and the changing needs of the business to react as required to achieve the business goals and objectives.
• To Manage and develop all members of the CI team through regular 1:1’s, coaching and mentoring
• Maintain and continually improve the ISO compliant Quality Management System; Continually assess and refine the company’s quality processes to ensure ongoing best practice and ISO compliance
What you’ll need to succeed
• Eligibility to work in the UK, no sponsorship will be offered.
• Engineering Degree or equivalent
• Six Sigma Qualification Project Management
• Leadership and coaching
• Problem Solving concepts (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
• Understanding of and experience implementing and improving ISO 9000 standards and Quality
• Management Systems
• Audit Qualification
• Experience of managing others
• Facilitation and application of 8D problem solving methodology
• Lean tools and Methodologies,
• Six Sigma
• Computer Literate (MS Teams & Office/Project/Visio, Minitab, Sharepoint)
• ERP Systems SAP
• Self Motivated, Personable/ability to engage others
• Resilient , Flexible, Drive for results, Promotes and champions change,
What you’ll get in return
• An excellent salary
• Could be an opportunity to be taken on after the Fixed term 12 months due to the company expanding its operations.
• Pension Scheme