Continuous Improvement Manager
Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 + benefits
Application date: 11th Oct 2021
A manufacturer of complex components supplying high technology sectors including automotive, aerospace, defence and energy sectors has a new vacancy for Continuous Improvement Manager. You will be responsible for leading all CI activities and projects across the business. Candidates are sought with a good understanding of six sigma and lean methodologies.
As CI Manager you will be responsible for identifying opportunities for lean process improvement projects and driving a lean and best practice culture across the business.
Key responsibilities include:
• Delivering business improvements utilising methodologies such as lean, Six Sigma and 8D
• Training, mentoring and coaching employees
• Ensuring projects are completed on schedule
• Lead workshops on value stream mapping, problem solving, TPM, Cell layout etc
• Conduct risk assessments on processes
• Develop CI road maps for projects
• Identifying areas to improve safety, reduce business risk, improve customer satisfaction, decrease downtime and save costs.
• Develop a culture of best practice and communicate KPI data to Senior Managers
The ideal applicant will be a Six Sigma Black Belt or have equivalent knowledge and understanding of six sigma methodology. You will be a skilled and effective communicator who is comfortable communicating with people at all levels.
Responsible for managing your own time and workload, you will have strong leadership skills and ability to coach, train and develop people in lean methodologies. A recognised engineering qualification at either degree or HND level is also highly advantageous.