Continuous Improvement Manager
Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Application date: 11th Mar 2024
About Our Client
This leading company is committed to investing in their lean journey and as they continue to move through their exciting CI strategy, you have the chance to join the organisation as a Continuous Improvement Manager. You will be leading the site and supporting the group vision in implementing improving projects & instilling a best practice culture.
As the Continuous Improvement Manager, you will be based at their site in the Northamptonshire area. This role will involve developing CI initiatives and working with the site on lean implementation projects. You will have the full support of the senior leadership team and will work with the site operations teams to ensure sustainable change. Key Responsibilities:
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement throughout the business, by encouraging managers to actively seek improvements in their own activities and processes.
• Lead and drive lean transformation and change initiatives to create and sustain a WCM operation.
• Use appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to identify opportunities for improvement and document process improvements.
• Support site in driving performance through ownership on KPIs in areas such as; waste reduction an operational efficiency.
• Implement continuous improvement activities in alignment with strategic initiatives and objectives.
• Create, define and implement actions relating to production and maintenance to ensure the strategic plan is effective.
• Work with Manufacturing excellence teams to deliver best practice efficiency solutions.
• Coaching the leadership team on all aspects of continuous improvement.
• Organise and manage CI activities and project teams to ensure projects are achievable and delivered on time.
• Ensure that effective, planning, organisation and communication is in place internally for the effective adherence to the critical path and successful implementation of processes into the business.
• Ensure that all teams are educated, up-skilled and the appropriate training has been deployed and results are measurable.
• Be known as a subject matter expert to advise and assist in the efficient development of best practice manufacturing processes (incorporating HSE best practice).
• Deliver appropriate training, coaching and support to transfer Lean knowledge to people.
• Raise the level of awareness for Lean and Continuous Improvement across the site.
The Successful Applicant
A CI/ Operational Improvement professional with prior manufacturing experience. The successful applicant will also have the following:
• Experience of leading successful continuous improvement projects.
• Proven practical understanding of lean principles & delivering on a lean strategy.
• Knowledge of operational best practice (including HSE awareness).
• Excellent cross functional communication skills.
• Demonstrable ability to influence at all levels of an organisation.
• Proven coaching and development experience.
What’s on Offer
Competitive salary & benefits.