Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Up to £100,000 + benefits
Application date: 2nd Sep 2022
A Country Manager is required for a leading international manufacturer and distributor of activated carbon products and services. As a leading global supplier, they provide activated carbon to a wide and diverse range of customers and industries. Due to outstanding quality, value and customer service, demand for their products continues to grow. As Country Manager you will report to the Managing Director with responsibility and full autonomy for business development across the UK and the EMEA regions. To achieve this, you will have significant UK, European and International sales and marketing experience supported by a track record of growth, demonstrated by your ability to open up new markets and accounts within the field of activated carbon.
To be considered for this Country Manager position you must have / or be.
• Currently working as a Country Manager, Account Director, or Sales & Marketing Director for a chemical, filtration, or activated carbon product or consumable based manufacturing / distribution business. Ideally your industry exposure will include but not be limited to water, food, chemicals, oil & gas purification, cleansing and filtration products and services.
• Working within the UK you will establish a sales and support team that will build on strong existing business and push into new sectors through the introduction of new products and services in both UK and EMEA markets.
• Able to further develop and manage the various channels to market, direct / agents / distributors and work closely with local EMEA facility managers, support staff and EMEA management teams building robust working relationships based on trust and collaboration.
• A good understanding of UK & European REACH legislation, post Brexit custom declarations, duties, clearance and VAT regulations and process requirements related to import and export.
• Commercially astute and customer facing able to think strategically but deliver tactically to ensure sales targets and business expectations are consistently achieved. Able to demonstrate strong influencing and negotiation skills with existing clients and new customer accounts.
• Ideally have a degree in a Chemistry or Science discipline or alternatively have ONC or HNC equivalents supported by business qualifications and industry experience.
• Have excellent people management skills, able to provide sales leadership, coaching, training, and development to internal and external teams (agents / distributors) and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and service are achieved.
• A self-starter, dynamic, driven, and entrepreneurial, with an inquisitive nature, data driven and numerate with good IT, organisational and planning skills, able to multi-task and not afraid to question and challenge at all levels of the organisation.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation, self-motivated able to motivate and influence others, take ownership of tasks and processes, and ensure these are completed successfully and on time.
This is an opportunity to join a world class manufacturer and distributor of active carbon products and services. With ever increasing requirements for clean air and purification of products this is a fast-growing market with huge potential for new products, applications and services. As Country Manager for this global organisation, you will have the autonomy and responsibility to substantially grow the business and be rewarded for your success and achievements.