Engineering Design Manager
Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + benefits
Application date: 16th Aug 2023
About Our Client
Michael Page Engineering & Manufacturing is working in partnership with a market-leading manufacturing business who manufacture a unique, innovate and high-tech specification product range for their global customer base.
The business is now looking for an Engineering Manager to help take them from strength to strength and further develop the technical capability of this successful company.
Reporting directly to the MD, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for all technical departments from design through to testing.
You will also be responsible for:
· Ensuring the engineering function works and communicates effectively with all departments and supports products through the whole lifecycle
· Becoming the product, regulatory and technical expert
· Ensuring all products are designed to commercial specifications and tested and accredited, to relevant industry standards
· Motivating and inspiring the team to get the best results, instilling high professional working standards across the board
· Managing the engineering budget and contributing to company strategy, culture and management decisions
The Successful Applicant
Successful candidates will have a strong engineering background in a manufacturing environment and a proven ability in leading and developing teams.
You will also possess:
· Effective communications skills and the ability to influence, consult and delegate
· Hands on management style whilst also upskilling the existing team
· Significant experience in a technical/engineering role
· Proven ability in leading and developing a team of multiskilled engineers
· Knowledge of Solidworks or other design software
What’s on Offer
£50,000 to £60,000 plus benefits