Engineering Design Office Manager
Recruiter: Optima UK
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Application date: 1st May 2019
Our client is a clean energy generation engineering company providing advanced engineering, environmental and sustainable solutions. As a business they facilitate engineering and manufacturing projects predominantly within waste and biomass.
The Engineering Design Office Manager will have full accountability for the coordination, direction and performance management within the design office including working closely with senior management.
Key Responsibilities will include the following:
– To effectively plan and execute all departmental workflow
– To be responsible for ensuring that all work is completed to the required quality and operational standards
– To manage and maintain all Technical Project Files
– To adhere and ensure the compliance of all Health and Safety rules and guidelines
– To ensure all operational procedures are followed and individual procedures are maximised
– To communicate and liaise efficiently with relevant departments ensuring the design department continuously meet company requirements together with providing standard production support
The successful candidate will have excellent organisational skills involving planning, man-management, and competent decision making. Have an acute capability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members.
A professionally qualified manufacturing or engineering degree would be desirable, or preferentially HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
The following key attributes are essential:
– A proven track record of supervisory experience
– Ability to use IT in a competent manner for various office functions
– Have strong interpersonal skills to react well under pressure with the ability to apply technical and execution capabilities to resolve problems.
– A solid awareness of Health and Safety with IOSH AND NEBOSH qualifications preferred
– Ability to drive a workforce and exhibit a willingness to make decisions
– Have a strong commercial and financial acumen