Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Market related
Application date: 1st Jan 2021
Our client is developing a novel high efficiency / low pollution engine for heavy duty transport and power. This innovative solution is attracting huge interest as an environmentally positive and practical solution to future emissions legislation. The company is now running prototype hardware and has well-funded and ambitious plans to rapidly industrialise the technology.
A new role is to be created, reporting directly to the CEO and working as part of the Senior Leadership Team, with responsibility for delivery of the technology into serial production for the first heavy duty diesel on-highway application and subsequent production programs as they are identified.
As Engineering Director – You will be required to
• Perform clean sheet powertrain engineering to deliver product targets including efficiency, performance, emissions, cost, weight, durability, reliability and serviceability.
• Product integration in the adoption of and delivery to customer requirements, both captive and non-captive
• Adoption and implementation of internationally recognised automotive quality standards and processes
• Compliance and certification of the product for relevant legislation
• Production technology selection in conjunction with the Technical Director.
• Program planning in conjunction with the program management team to determine and fill resource needs.
• Supply chain development in conjunction with the procurement team to achieve APQP, production supplier selection and PPAP
• Team and resource management including recruitment, line management, and selection and management of outsourced engineering and testing services
• Design, development and implementation of a pilot plant
• Supporting the SLT in development and delivery of overall business objectives
• Approvals according to Delegation of Authority
As Engineering Director – You will have
• At least 15 years’ experience in powertrain engineering and at least 5 years’ in a senior management position
• Knowledge of clean sheet engineering ideally including base engine, control and after treatment systems, vehicle integration and certification
• Experience required from blue chip multinational capital goods manufacturing businesses, on- and/or off-highway, in production program delivery; specific experience within engineering consultancies and Tier 1 suppliers maybe an advantage
• Development and management of complex delivery teams and a broad base of external stakeholders, including customers and service providers
• SME and/or start up experience and attracted by the unique challenges of a small business