Engineering Director – Automated Equipment
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £75,000-£90,000 per annum + benefits + relocation
Application date: 20th Oct 2017
An experienced Engineering Director is required for this advanced automation aerospace tooling business. Working with all the leading aerospace primes this business is at the forefront of automated assembly processes and is recognised as an innovator in the field of aerospace manufacturing automation. Having established a worldwide reputation for reliability and quality they are looking to further strengthen their technical team by recruiting an Engineering Director. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to join a manufacturer and supplier of advanced automation equipment and take full responsibility for the engineering function of an 80 strong technical team.
To be successful in this role you must have a demonstrable track record of managing highly complex engineering projects from project tender through proof of concept, design, engineering, assembly & test, process validation and onsite installation and approval. As Engineering Director you will require excellent communication skills, be commercially aware and have a strong design engineering background that demonstrates an ability to delivery complex automated equipment, (assembly lines or automated production cells) to exacting quality, cost, performance and delivery targets.
To be considered for this Engineering Director position you must have:
• At least 10 years’ experience working as an Engineering / Technical, Manager / Director involved in the design and build of advanced automation equipment, this could include, Machine Tools, Robotics, Automation Process Control, Special Purpose Equipment, Assembly Tooling and large scale assembly Jigs & Fixtures used in the production of both metal and plastic-composite parts.A thorough understanding of advanced technology and developing technology road maps in the form of strategic plans.
• A thorough understanding of advanced technology and developing technology road maps in the form of strategic plans.
• A degree in a relevant engineering or manufacturing discipline ideally supported by a post graduate qualification or membership of a professional body, ImechE or IET.
• Significant people management and leadership experience, gained in a technical environment, lead by example, setting high standards with excellent project management skills.
• A Dynamic and driven personality confident and comfortable working across all levels of an engineering/manufacturing business.
• A passion for innovative product development, but understand the need for standardisation and the impact design for manufacture can have on time & cost.
• A track record that demonstrates an ability to lead and build a high performing engineering team.
• Excellent language skills with an ability to communicate in both Spanish and English. For the right person English only language skills will be considered, but this will only be considered for an exceptional strong technical candidate.
• A relevant engineering qualification to degree level or above in either a Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical or Materials related
This will be a challenging but very rewarding opportunity and presents a unique opportunity to lead a technically strong engineering team for a business that has huge ambition and growth potential. The ideal background for this Engineering Director role will be experience working within a manufacturer and supplier of advanced automation, production assembly lines or complex automation cells, this could be for either Aerospace or Automotive applications. For the right candidate full relocation assistance will be given to the Spanish main land. The facility is located close to the coast and in a semi-rural location.