Engineering & Maintenance Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Market related
Application date: 6th Aug 2020
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Engineering and Maintenance Manager to work at our clients site in Oxfordshire, the role will be managing the engineering and maintenance function of their energy recover facility, and will be involved with planning and managing all aspects of planned and reactive maintenance through.
• To manage the Engineering and maintenance function for energy plant.
• To maintain the plant to the appropriate legislation as well as Company and Contractual requirements
• To plan and manage all aspects of planned and reactive maintenance through all disciplines with effective use of internal and contracted labour
• To be the focus of Engineering knowledge and flow within the energy plant.
• Responsible to: Regional Engineering Manager (South)
• Responsible for: Mechanical, Electrical and C&I Engineers
• Full responsibility for the up keep and maintenance of the energy plant as specified by all suppliers’ recommendations, to maximise production and minimise breakdowns.
• To ensure all daily, weekly and monthly maintenance schedules are up to date in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
• Negotiate best prices for the purchase of further equipment.
• Involvement in all management meetings pertinent to production and maintenance.
• Full responsibility of the purchase of spares and tools; this also includes monitoring the use of tools e.g. when they were used and by whom.
• Working closely with the Operations Manager to continually improve the facility and plant efficiencies.
• To ensure the site complies with all statutory requirements for safety and environmental issues.
• Supervise all onsite contractors associated with maintenance. This will include ensuring all Health and Safety rules are adhere to e.g. method statements, risk assessments and signing in procedures.
• Work closely with the Operations Manager in the development of the plant to maintain high productivity.
• In conjunction with the management team, ensure the site meets its obligations regarding the Waste Management Licence.
• To carry out annual and timely Performance Annual Reviews (PAR’s) of all direct reportees.
• In conjunction with the Regional Business Support and Stock Manager, functional responsibility for the management of the Stock Controller, his daily routines and activities.
• In conjunction with the Regional Business Support and Stock Manager, management of all engineering stock, spares and specialist equipment.
• P&L spend not to exceed site and cost code limit for period.
• Budgeted P&L spend up to £50k for single transaction
• CAPEX spend up to £50k for single transaction
• 4 direct reports
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
• Extensive and proven knowledge of the waste industry
• Legislative knowledge within the waste industry
• Educated to degree level and/or with an appropriate formal business qualification.
• Experience working with Computerised Maintenance Management systems
• Senior management experience within a power generation or relevant process environment
• Engineering experience to enable effective management, servicing and repair of all equipment