Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Application date: 13th Feb 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing and Process Engineering Manager with an established engineering but globally expanding company, who are world renowned in the Rail and Construction industries for the design development and manufacture of energy absorption products, based at their Coventry Facilities.
The Manufacturing and Process Engineering Manager will lead the UK process engineering team, developing a culture focused on Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People. Support the UK manufacturing with technical support on all manufacturing issues. Then identify areas of continuous improvement to deliver lead time and cost benefits and ensure the process engineering departments comply with all company processes. They will also remain ‘hands-on’ with business operations at site level and coaching and member his team members.
• Support Production & Quality in the resolution of day to day quality issues and formulating robust corrective actions.
• Support the development of an NPI process ensuring all NPI projects are implemented in a controlled manner.
• Advise and implement new technology/capital plant within the Coventry site and provide technical advice to other sites (Sharing experience on core competency).
• Identify and manage opportunities for cost-out/cost down.
• Support all other internal functions / departments.
• Develop and implement internal process engineering procedures.
• Develop the Coventry site shop floor layouts to improve efficiency and productivity.
• Support production to deliver customer requirements.
Qualifications Skills and Experience
• Degree or HNC qualified in Manufacturing or Engineering or equivalent such as a Time Served Apprentice with a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
• Excellent man-management skills.
• Experience within the aerospace, automotive or equivalent industry
• Experience of implementing NPI projects and plant.
• Strong communication skills and be willing to drive innovation and change.
• Background in batch production in a manufacturing/engineering environment.
• Knowledge of CNC machining, welding and assembly processes.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
• Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
• Pension scheme.