Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 + benefits
Application date: 14th Jun 2019
An Engineering Manager is required for a forward thinking, dynamic business that manufactures advanced industrial connected devices and machines that are sold world-wide and used by millions of people every day. Their innovative range of products are becoming increasingly sophisticated and are now incorporating contactless systems and new sensor technology that can operate across multiple client platforms. As Engineering Manager, you will lead a skilled team of Electrical / Electronic design and software engineers involved in developing the next generation of innovative connected products. Your experience could include industrial automation, IoT applications, sensor technology, telecommunications, intelligent devices and consumer electronic products that are at the forefront of technology. It is likely that you will currently be working as an Engineering Manager, Technology Manager, Electronics Manager or Electrical / Electronics Manager.
As Engineering Manager, you will: –
• Have experience working within advanced electronic product design that incorporate analogue and digital technology, networked electronic devices, connected systems, sensors and associated control software.
• Have a real passion for advanced technology with a full understanding of IoT, connected devices, sensors, contactless systems and the successful integration of these applications.
• Have full management responsibility for existing and new product development that covers hardware and software applications for products used across the globe.
• Be degree qualified in a relevant technology-based discipline, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Telecommunications or advanced automation.
• Have experience of working on large projects that require staged gateway processes and management of key stakeholders both internal and external. An understanding of agile scrum methodologies would be useful.
• Create a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on high employee engagement and self-directed work teams that will deliver exceptional engineering results.
• Have a track record that clearly demonstrates an ability to manage technical staff, approachable and professional management style, results orientated with sound judgment and people skills, able to delegate and multi-task at pace.
• Have excellent influencing and communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), able to create understanding and a desire to change in the people you work with at all levels.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business going through a technology transformation that will deliver a range of exciting new products. As Engineering Manager, you will be tasked with delivering a world class Electrical Engineering Department that will providing the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction through the application of advanced technology.