Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Application date: 1st May 2020
This organisation is part of a wider food group, providing exceptional products to the agricultural sector, not only in the UK but globally.
We are working with them to find an experienced engineer to oversee the management and maintenance of the performance and reliability of all plant and equipment on site while driving for world class standards. You will ensure safety, maximise process efficiency, provide service, product consistency and a safe working environment on a best cost framework. We are especially keen to talk to engineers who have experience of working in the food production, FMCG and aligned sectors.
As Engineering Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
• Always demonstrate consistent Technical and behavioural leadership
• Ensure compliance with ALL relevant legislation & Statutory Inspections, ensuring health & safety is always suitably prioritised and that teams operate safely
• Ensure that the achievement of food safety is always a priority
• Manage the planned maintenance regime for all plant & equipment.
• Consistently drive energy efficiency improvements and activities
• Create the budget plan for the financial year and maintain control of spend (by month)
• Engage with operational teams and support Lean implementation activities
• Own the 5-year Capital Plan with Central team; Support execution of major site works
• Assist in the roll out of the new CMMS system
We are keen to talk to engineers who have the following skills & experience
• Multi-skilled engineer; HNC (or equivalent) Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
• Suitable & relevant engineering experience, perhaps in a leadership role
• Experience of planned maintenance systems, preferably within the food industry
• Good health and safety knowledge in legislation and application (IOSH qualification, desirable)
• A logical and structured thinker, with a strong ability to solve problems
• Exposure to high volume manufacturing; CI or lean methodologies
• Strong communication skills; Ability to engage and motivate teams and individuals
• Resilient personal development focus to continuously improve
• A degree of hands-on working especially during holidays and unplanned absence cover
The role is on days, but the business conducts a 24 hour call out rota. This is an excellent time to join the business as they are going through a period of expansion and strong capital expenditure to improve manufacturing outputs.