Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: Milton Keynes
Application date: 13th Aug 2020
A Maintenance / Engineering Manager is required with an electrical background in the maintenance of Automated equipment combined with strong management skills. Candidates from a Manufacturing (FMCG) or Warehouse logistics background would be well received.
Due to the continued success of this company, a world leader in warehouse technologies supporting a diverse range of industries based in the Milton Keynes area requires a motivated and driven Maintenance / Engineering Manager with strong people skills.
As the Maintenance / Engineering Manager you will be required to:
• Provide complete customer satisfaction whilst enhancing the reputation of the Company
• Gain a reputation for rapid and effective support
• Manage site budgets and associated commercial activities
• Match tasks with team skill sets to ensure delivery of defined SLA
• Manage as the on-site representative, all system improvements, and installations
• Manage all training requirements, both technical and regulatory
• Develop on-site staff and resources
• Be an effective manager focused on team development
• Work against time-frames to complete reactive repairs.
• Interact with on-site and off-site management keeping them informed of local issues and successes and addressing all concerns in a professional manner.
• Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
• Provide monthly, summary and detailed reports covering commercial and technical activities
• Improve the service level and optimise resource utilisation through adoption of industry best practices
• Manage the provision of quality support and maintenance services of all live information systems.
• Manage and coordinate the daily activities of all personnel.
The Maintenance / Engineering Manager should have the following skills or experience:
• Degree Level / HNC/D Engineering or equivalent experience
• Systems background
• Strong experience of Lean / 6 Sigma
• Manufacturing management experience preferred but not essential
• Previously managed large teams
• Customer focused
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Data analysis
• Strong skills in report development (MS Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Team oriented.
• Deal with issues and resolve them diplomatically.
• Proven Organisational Skills