Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: Great Torrington
Salary: Market related
Application date: 4th Dec 2020
An Engineering Manager is required with a solid background within Product Development for complex avionics systems. Candidates with experience of working in the Aerospace / Aviation sectors would be well received.
Due to this company’s continued success, a leading manufacturer of complex aviation safety systems based in the Devon (Torrington) area requires a proactive and dynamic Engineering Manager for a new permanent role where experience of EASA regulations are paramount.
The role requires the incumbent to drive the business forward as they look to increase their product range supporting a number of the world’s leading aircraft manufacturers.
As the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the following:
• Line management and resource management of the Engineering Product Development Team.
• Management and implementation of the Company’s Design & Development process to ensure high quality product development outcomes.
• Identification and management of technical risk throughout the product design and development lifecycle.
• Ensure that the Engineering Team operates fully within all applicable quality and regulatory frameworks (ISO 9001 / AS9100D / EASA pt. 21 J DOA).
• Ensure that our products comply fully with all relevant and applicable regulatory and quality approvals (CE Marking, EMC Requirements, Environmental Requirements, RoHS, REACH, etc.).
• Management of engineering resources, processes, tools and development environments to achieve optimum productivity within the Engineering Department.
• Contribute towards the generation of Project Delivery Plans in conjunction with the Project Office and Systems Engineering Teams.
• Identify suitable training and CPD for the Engineering Team, ensuring that the team remains abreast of the latest applicable technologies and working methodologies.
• Ensure that the Engineering Team is well-positioned for productive and sustainable growth in order to satisfy the long-term objectives of the business.
The Engineering Manager should have the following skills or experience:
• Proven Line Manager with demonstratable team leadership experience.
• Active practitioner in Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Avionics / Instrumentation Systems • Design, or an appropriate related discipline.
• Experience of an environment operating within EASA pt.21 J (DOA) / G (POA) or pt.145 (MOA).
• Experience in an environment developing safety-related software and hardware solutions to applicable requirements RTCA/DO-178, RTCA/DO-254 or IEC 61508 (SIL).
• Experience in operating within a multi-discipline engineering environment.
• Ability to demonstrate responsibilities for engineering product development lifecycle control, encompassing all applicable regulatory and quality requirements.