Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + benefits & pension
Application date: 3rd Mar 2021
A growing food manufacturing company are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to manage the engineering function across manufacturing facilities. You’ll be responsible for maintaining machinery schedules are kept in a timely manner, to reduce production downtime. Managing a team of Engineers across shifts and managing the engineering budget.
Responsibilities as Engineering Manager:
• Reporting into Head of Manufacturing, you’ll be managing an Engineering Supervisor and five Engineers.
• Design implement maintain and develop total productive maintenance schedules, that operate and achieve the highest engineering standards.
• Working in partnership with Production & Technical Manager to address any improvements opportunities.
• Ensure team are working in accordance with Health and Safety and HACCP requirements.
• Liaise with the Production Team Managers and advice on machine utilisation improvement opportunities.
• Monitor and reduce machine downtime on an ongoing basis using engineering schedule outputs as a way of identification of improvement areas.
• Lead and performance manage designated team of engineers ensuring that performance reviews and relevant training, development activities are undertaken in a professional and timely manner.
• Develop and maintain accurate records detailing information such as machine downtimes, reasons, and maintenance schedules.
• In conjunction with the facilities manager agree and control projects from start to finish including sourcing equipment controlling contractor enforcing CDM rules and updating health and safety file as the projects progress
• Ensure sufficient stock levels are available to complete maintenance as identified by plan.
As the Engineering Manager you will have:
• Apprentice trained in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• Experienced in managing a team of Engineers within an FMCG or Food manufacturing environment.
• Strong understanding of Health & Safety & HACCP practices within a manufacturing environment.
• Food Hygiene qualified with an understanding of BRC standards.
• A background of designing and implementing a PPM schedule.