Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: Brierley Hill
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Application date: 1st Apr 2021
Want to work for a forward thinking organisation that design, develop and build specialist lifting systems for the off-highway, marine and industrial sectors, driving engineering excellence? We are looking for an experienced and innovative Engineering Manager to manage an engineering team in the design, development and delivery of specialist lifting machinery and equipment to meet customer requirements in hostile environments where functionality is critical and innovation is key.
The role of the Engineering Manager will be to lead the engineering teams through effective management, development of the product range while ensuring customer requirements are captured and product is designed to meet those requirements and quality standards. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
You will need to have experience of leading the design and development of specialist equipment covering mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, structural fabrication and stress calculations to products bespoke products.
As an Engineering Manager your main responsibilities will be;
• To provide technical expertise, sound technical judgement and innovative ideas in the design, manufacture, commissioning and life cycle support of bespoke lifting equipment for the off-highway, marine and industrial sectors.
• To lead and develop a small, multi-disciplined, engineering team to efficiently conclude projects through all engineering milestones, from concept, to design, to manufacturing, to testing, to commissioning.
• Proactively ensure company products, procedures and expertise align with current statutory regulations, international standards and independent certification authorities.
• To provide proactive technical support and guidance to other company departments, clients and onsite technicians.
• To represent the company and its products externally, in a positive, knowledgeable and authoritative manner.
This is a challenging and exciting role and as such we are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate that they have the following:
• Wide spectrum of engineering knowledge and experience (across mechanical, hydraulic and electrical disciplines) with specific emphasis in hands-on experience of structural fabrications and stress analysis in relation to both rigid and rotating machinery.
• Ability to draw on wide personal experience and knowledge to make sound decisions in a time pressurised manufacturing environment and fast paced customer response environment.
• Experience and intellectual capability to assimilate complex technical specifications and to formulate technical responses and designs to satisfy the needs.
• Clear leadership and vision of the technical function in all areas of the company to promote innovation, good working practices and efficient team working.
• Leadership in promoting product excellence and effective procedures, and ensuring adherence to all issues associated with compliance, QA, and H&S.
• Logical and analytically minded. Able to effectively communicate ideas orally, in written reports and in technical drawings. Able to compile detailed design reports and calculations for review by independent technical peers.
In addition you will ideally bring:
• The ability to deal with unique challenges of designing, operating and maintaining machinery for the off-highway, marine and industry sectors.
• Experience of design or specification of hydraulic control schemes, electrical control schemes and PLC / other digital control schemes.
• Relevant regulations for industrial machinery in general, e.g., Machinery Directive, EMC directive, etc.