Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £45,000 - £52,000 + package
Application date: 8th Dec 2021
My client is an FMCG manufacturing company based on the outskirts of Glasgow – they are looking for the services of a Manufacturing Engineering/Maintenance Manager who will report directly to the Site Engineering Manager, effectively manage Engineering resources to ensure continuous improvement and optimisation of plant and equipment.
• To manage, develop and maximise team performance, through the utilisation of sound leadership and coaching techniques.
• Develop ‘Line Plans’ identifying key areas of ‘downtime’ and remedial actions necessary to negate re-occurrence.
• Ensure all plant, equipment and ancillary building services are maintained to the highest standard.
• Prepare team briefs and group discussions to improve communication and motivation.
• Be instrumental in the effective use of Manpower in relation to Planned Preventive Maintenance Scheduling and unplanned equipment failures.
• Manage CAPEX projects up to the value of £70K
• Drive Engineering standards, Performance, Attitude, Workshop cleanliness, Job and Tool Audits.
• Deliver and support site legislative requirements focusing on Safety, Quality and Good Manufacturing practices.
• Adopt a proactive approach to resolving issues and improving plant throughput daily.
• Understand weekly expenditure and benefits gained through the adoption of a ‘Value for money’ approach to Cost Centre Management.
• Liaise with the HR department to control and monitor absence and capability within the Engineering Team.
• Identify and manage cost effective area improvement projects to gain competitive advantage within the business.
People – To visibly lead the engineering team to achieve their KPIs.
Team – Ensures effective aligned communication within the shift and with other shifts and functions
Principle challenges / Key features:
• Leading in a fast moving and constantly changing environment, balancing the demands of customers, management and staff.
• Leadership of team members, responsible for the full range of management activities including, training, development, discipline, communications, absence control, team leadership, motivation.
• Role model and champion for good health & safety practise.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Recognised Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualification. City & Guilds minimum.
• Proven track record of Front-Line Management within an FMCG environment.
• Thorough understanding of PPM techniques
• Strong desire to develop and coach team performance.
• Working knowledge of Legislative standards within the FMCG environment.
• High level of numeracy and ability to analyse and interpret data.
• Proactive approach to Problem solving.
• Ability to identify and implement Process improvements.
• Manufacturing systems experience.
• Project Management skills.
• Management of financial budgets
• Working knowledge of improvement techniques used to maximise and optimise plant performance and equipment.
• Ability to produce detailed Engineering and Process Risk assessments.