Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
Application date: 12th Apr 2023
About Our Client
Our client has a large site based within the Glasgow area and they specialise in Energy from Waste and Waste Management and abide by high level regulations and environmental policies.
• Full responsibility for the upkeep and maintenance of the plant as specified by all suppliers’ recommendations, to maximise production and minimise breakdowns.
• To ensure all daily, weekly and monthly maintenance schedules are up to date in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
• Negotiate best prices for the purchase of further equipment.
• Involvement in all management meetings pertinent to production and maintenance.
• Full responsibility of the purchase of spares and tools; this also includes monitoring the use of tools e.g. when they were used and by whom.
• Working closely with the Operations Manager to continually improve the facility and plant efficiency’s.
• To ensure the site complies with all statutory requirements for safety and environmental issues.
• Supervise all onsite contractors associated with maintenance. This will include ensuring all Health and Safety rules are adhere to e.g. method statements, risk assessments and signing in procedures.
• Work closely with the Operations Manager in the development of the plant to maintain high productivity.
• To carry out annual and timely Performance Annual Reviews (PAR’s) of all direct reporters.
The Successful Applicant
• You will ideally have an Engineering degree however we will consider time served if from relevant industry
• Exposure to boiler systems/turbines would be highly beneficial
• Knowledge of the waste industry would be beneficial
• Proven motivator with strong leadership skills
• Extensive people management experience within a large department/region at senior level.
• Practical implementation of a corporate management system.
• Experience in mechanical engineering of process industry or power plants.
• Experience working with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
What’s on Offer
Salary of £60,000 -£ 70,000 dependent on experience with excellent benefits