Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Location: Liverpool / Coventry
Salary: Up to £ 56,000 plus benefits
Application date: 10th May 2023
The MTC (Manufacturing Technology Centre) is a major success story. One of the UK‘s most advanced Research & Technology Organisations, championing world leading manufacturing and engineering innovation.
Created in 2011, it represents one of the largest public sector investments in UK manufacturing and has since grown to a team of over 800 spread several facilities covering not only R&D, but also Training, Advanced Manufacturing Management and Factory Design across multiple businesses and sectors.
Working in partnership with Consilium Recruit from launch, we seek career driven and agile talent from industry, academia, and other leading organisations to work in this truly unique centre of excellence.
Benefits – beyond salary, the MTC provides one of the most extensive and progressive benefits packages available, designed to inspire, develop and reward employees to the full including:
• Fully flexible working including compressed hours, remote working, part-time hours, flexible start and finish times. And career breaks. Tell us what works for you and don‘t let anything stop you from applying!
• Enhanced Holiday leave with accumulated days plus option to buy & sell
• Private Health Insurance from Vitality Health
• Life Insurance
• Generous Pension Scheme
• Income Protection in the event of long-term illness or incapacity to work
• Salary Sacrifice (tax efficient Bike 2 Work plus Car Lease Scheme including competitive on-site EV charging)
• Enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity support
• Professional subscriptions paid plus access to Leadership Academy
• Long service recognition plus contribution awards
• Envious working environment with free parking, excellent public transport links, employee discounts and on-site canteen, plus more
The Engineering Manager role will be responsible for providing leadership and delivery of a specific function, or the technical delivery of a large programme of work, within part of the MTC‘s Technology Group, or Industrial Sectors
Duties and responsibilities include:
• You will be expected to work collaboratively with colleagues in the management teams within the Technology Group and Industrial Sectors to deliver the corporate objectives of the MTC and ensure alignment and effective delivery of functional and business unit strategies
• In the first instance the focus of your job will be to carry out the duties of a Resource Manager. At some future date – following agreement between yourself and your line manager – you should expect to undertake other Technology Group management roles in the business, as part of the development of your management experience and competencies
• Where applicable, you will work with colleagues in the same functional role to deliver the corporate objectives of the MTC and ensure alignment and effective delivery of functional strategies
• You will be required to collaborate closely with colleagues in the same management team to deliver the objectives of the business unit or large project. This requires an ability to influence people outside your line management in order to drive the best result for the MTC holistically and not just for a small element of the company
The successful candidate for the role of Engineering Manager will have/be:
• A degree-calibre engineer, technologist, scientist or mathematician, have an understanding of the breadth of Engineering technologies and their respective manufacturing industrial applications across the Technology theme
• A range of management and leadership skills along with knowledge and experience relating directly to the delivery of this management role. You will use this to lead the activities you are responsible for and to contribute to broader debates on the tactical direction of the business
• Where required, advise technical leads and teams on projects to provide technical leadership and guidance in area of expertise, which should ideally be within a manufacturing or suitable industrial background within: Mechanical/Electrical design; Machine design; Automation and Controls; Systems Integration; to mitigate issues and risks to achieve a positive outcome for MTC and its customers
• Commercially aware to inform decisions that benefit MTC, customers, and to industry
• Able to think strategically
• Adept at using micro-soft toolset: Word, PowerPoint & Excel