Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: £60,000 to £70,000 + bonus
Application date: 21st Feb 2024
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established, large-scale manufacturer in the automotive sector, based in Preston. Known for their commitment to quality and innovation and for consistently delivering high-quality products to their global customer base, our client is a market leader in its field
• Leading and developing a high-performing engineering team.
• Ensuring continuous improvement in production performance and quality.
• Managing the planning and execution of maintenance activities.
• Developing, managing and delivering the department’s budget.
• Driving innovation and implementation of new engineering technologies.
• Compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Coordinating with other departments to achieve organisational goals.
• Reporting to senior management on key performance metrics.
• Lead the development and adoption of systems engineering processes and toolchain
• Department lead for electronic and embedded systems engineering and integration
• Manage your teams deliverables in line with project deadlines for running business updates and model year projects
• Support Customer facing activities (launches / exhibitions / visits)
• Ensure quality and support to Operations exceeds expectations
• Ensure engineering problems are resolved quickly and to quality standards
• Develop budget and resource plans in support of product roadmap
• Recruit / Develop / Retain staff to grow critical skillsets
• Regular travel within Europe is to be expected to support face to face meetings
The Successful Applicant
A successful Engineering Manager should have:
• A degree in Electronics Engineering, Systems Engineering or a related field.
• Proven experience in managing electronics engineering or systems engineering teams within an industrial or manufacturing environment.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire and motivate a team.
• A strong understanding of health and safety regulations.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to drive continuous improvement.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments.
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of systems engineering development lifecycles
• Experience of managing development of electrical and electronic systems
• Must hold an Engineering degree
• Experiences in the management of engineering teams
• Strong planning, organisational and interpersonal skills
• Able to lead, adapt and make decisions under uncertain conditions
• Develop effective relationships (internal and external)
• Knowledge of Automotive Spice, Functional Safety and Cyber Security an advantage
• Good knowledge of Commercial Vehicle systems an advantage
• HGV C+E licence would be an advantage
What’s on Offer
• A competitive salary ranging from £60,000 to £70,000 per annum, with a car allowance and bonus included.
• An inclusive culture that fosters teamwork and innovation.
• Opportunities for professional development and growth within the company.
• Generous holiday leave.