European Procurement Manager
Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + Car Allowance, Bonus & Pension
Application date: 4th Dec 2020
Global business, serving multiple sector and industries, going through positive change, seeking to appoint an exceptional, experienced procurement professional who can bring a world class, best practice procurement mentality to the team and business. You will be responsible for a major product group and category which is key to the success of the business.
As a European Procurement Manager, you are responsible, within an assigned product group, for all strategic procurement activities, including supplier selection resulting from new product opportunities or supply chain optimization within Europe. You will coordinate strategy with colleagues from the Center of Expertise, Business Development, and multiple European locations. You will have a strong focus on continuous improvement, synergy and of course the realization of excellent procurement results. Reporting to a senior European Director, you will be the link with product management and local purchasing departments.
The European Procurement Manager is responsible for the purchasing results of your assigned product group within the region of Europe.
• You are responsible for the strategic purchasing of products within your product group at European level.
• Guiding and participating in complex purchasing processes, sourcing strategies and market analysis;
• Guiding and participating in setting up supply chains between external and internal suppliers.
• Conducting contract negotiations with suppliers.
• Setting up, implementing, and guiding structural supplier management and following up on actions that deliver improved supplier performance.
• Maintaining relationships with suppliers;
• Initiating continuous improvement processes, both internally and externally,
• Defining processes and safeguarding them;
• You closely follow national and international market developments within your field,
• Develop a best in class procurement function
As European Procurement Manager you will have:
Demonstrable experience in strategic purchasing and thrives in a commercial technical environment. You are used to developing relationships and delivering results from a leading and coordinating role, taking local situations and interests into account. You will have knowledge and wide experience of contracts, bids, and tenders, understanding the legality around procurement contracts.
You also have:
• A relevant bachelor or Masters’ degree
• Substantial experience within a strategic purchasing role,
• Experience of working for a large, multinational organization
• Development of a procurement function within a business