Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Application date: 17th Apr 2020
Your new company
You will join an established and entrepreneurial Manufacturing organisation who are targeting further growth over the coming years.
Your new role
Reporting into the CEO you will be responsible for the day to day management of all operational activities and performance whilst developing strategic direction and improvements. Key responsibilities include-
• Manage, motivate and develop senior management and indirectly all staff using SMART objectives to align and manage objectives and activity with company goals.
• Ensure appropriate compliance of legal responsibilities in the areas of Health and Safety
• Responsibility for manufacturing to appropriate external standards and to achieve company targets for quality, efficiency and customer delivery.
• Responsibility for achieving the KPI specified OTIF (on time in full) delivery performance targets and for driving continuous improvement in productivity/waste.
• Responsibility for materials and logistics activities to deliver performance in accordance with company targets
• Ensure full utilization of Planning system.
• Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
• Provide management reports on a monthly and quarterly basis
• Lead from the front with continuous improvement strategy and implementation.
What you’ll need to succeed
You will have a proven and demonstrable background of achievement and improvement within Manufacturing Operations Management-
• Experienced in managing manufacturing operations including Production, Engineering, Supply Chain and Quality.
• Experienced working a regulatory environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the capability to influence from shop floor to boardroom.
• High level skills in use of Planning software
• Demonstrated understanding of best practice, tools and techniques for driving continuous improvement
• Degree educated in engineering, operations, management or similar – Beneficial but not must have
• Experienced in FMCG Manufacturing – Beneficial but not must have
What you’ll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary based on experience.