Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: Competitive Base Salary, Bonus, Car/Allowance and Flexible Benefits Package.
Application date: 23rd Feb 2018
Your new company
One of the worlds largest suppliers to the healthcare industry and a pioneer in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and medical information technology are looking to recruit a highly talented and commercially focused finance leader. The Finance Director will lead a team of finance professionals and help shape and drive business strategy and provide financial direction, control and reporting for the global business with a manufacturing plant in Sudbury.
Your new role
The Financial Director will be a member of the leadership team, they will closely partner the Managing Director and play a key role in setting the leadership tone for the whole site, including but not limited to safety, quality, delivery, inventory, performance (cost) and its people. They will challenge the business direction, provide opportunity and risk analysis, evaluations and interpretation on all aspects of the manufacturing operations. They will work closely with the manufacturing management to drive performance, efficiency, cost management to facilitate attainment of business forecasts and targets.
The Finance Director will work closely with the wider group senior management team and be responsible for the review and delivery of all statutory, legislative and corporate reporting. They will establish and maintain effective internal control procedures and systems including compliance monitoring in accordance with corporate policies and legislative requirements.
• Directs and/or prepares all financial statements, reports, and analysis for the site.
• Recruits, manages, and develops the legal entity finance staff to ensure an uninterrupted and efficient accounting operation
• Review all corporate & statutory financial statements, reports and analysis for the site in conjunction with corporate plc. Liaise and interface with external and internal auditors and providing all necessary information and process support.
• Directs and participates in the annual Plant budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning processes, ensuring compliance to timetables and procedures.
• Directs the development of accurate product costing and variance reporting, implementing improvements to reporting and systems as required.
• Participate as an integral part of the Plant management team, providing financial analyses, evaluations, and interpretations on all aspects of manufacturing operations. Initiates meetings with manufacturing management to resolve cost problems and recommends cost management concepts, methods, and procedures to facilitate operational controls
• Establishes and maintains effective internal control procedures and systems, including compliance monitoring in accordance with corporate policies and Financial Reporting Guidelines. Review of Plant capital asset requests and preparation/validation of associated financial analysis. Responsible for management and results of local annual audit.
• To be the Finance lead on Strategic projects such as new product development, make or buy decisions etc, CIP and other site initiatives as required.
• To comply with and support the businesses Structured Safety and Health Process and Health, Safety and Environment statements, policies and procedures.
What you’ll need to succeed
• Extensive manufacturing and financial reporting experience with knowledge of product costing techniques and inventory accounting/management.
• Previously worked for a multinational or matrixed organisation preferable
• Knowledge of IAS, UK GAAP & SOX
• ERP systems knowledge, preferably SAP
• Accounting profession accreditation , MBA, CPA or equivalent qualification will be preferred
• BA/BS Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent qualification
• Successfully manage multiple priorities and reporting requirements
• Demonstrated leadership capability
• Knowledge of MS Office, including Excel to Advanced level
What you’ll get in return
The opportunity to join a highly innovative leading global business and recognisable brand at an exciting time of change and growth. They offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through the flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ or call us now on 01206 766621.