Recruiter: Hays Recruitment
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Application date: 23rd Jul 2020
Your new company
We are working exclusively with a longstanding Hays client in Sheffield to recruit for a Finance Manager for their UK operations.
A leading organisation in their field, this company have operations across Europe, Asia and the US alongside their UK operations.
Your new role
You will join the organisation as a no.2 to the Group Finance Director. Leading on UK Operations, you will be joining the business at a busy time where, throughout recent turbulent times, they have performed extremely well.
You will manage the UK Finance function, ensuring smooth day to day operations, preparation of monthly and annual financial information, including actuals, forecasts and budgets, whilst managing and controlling working capital levels and driving the financial performance of the UK Operating Company.
Managing a team of 5, you will have responsibility for 2 assistant accountants and 3 transactional finance staff. Alongside this, you will have responsibility for:
• Preparation of the monthly Finance Pack, including P&L, Balance Sheet and other financial reports.
• Prepare the monthly EU Board Report EU Managing Director.
• Production of monthly Sales Reports.
• Complete month Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
• Oversee cash flow reporting and forecasting for the UK and Group.
• Manage the overall working capital of the UK operating company to within target thresholds, including accounts receivable and payable and stock reporting.
• Ensure the SAP system is kept up to date with accurate, timely information.
• Work with the Group Accountant on intercompany recharges and royalty payments.
• Complete Year-end reporting and provide information to the Group Accountant to assist in preparation of the Group Accounts.
• Coordinate the annual audit of the UK operating company and assist in the audit of the Group.
• Preparation of annual budgets (P&L, Cash Flow, Balance Sheet) and quarterly reforecasts.
• Completion of the annual Tax Packs, together with making submissions and payments to HMRC.
• Process FX bookings and manage company credit cards.
• Oversee the monthly payroll, including P11D, P60, expenses and pensions processing.
• Provide financial process oversight to the European subsidiaries.
What you’ll need to succeed
Please note that only fully qualified applicants (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) will be considered for this role at the request of the organisation.
Previous experience in the manufacturing sector is of distinct advantage, and previous experience using SAP would also be of benefit.
What you’ll get in return
Flexible working options available with this role.
Salary: up to £55,000 per annum.
Immediate/short notice start date available for the successful candidate.