Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Application date: 4th Jan 2019
A General Manager with experience of managing a small engineering company is required to support a very well respected and and long established electroplating business.
The role of General Manager includes the following:
• P&L responsibility
• Review internal processes and recommend opportunities for improvement
• Increase sales through diversification in to new sectors where appropriate and ensure the link between sales, production and dispatch is achieved.
• Maintain quality standards and look to implement additional ISO standards to penetrate new markets such as aerospace.
• Make commercial decisions to drive sales, improve margin and increase productivity.
• Accountability for health and safety and chemical treatment facility.
The suitable candidate for this General Manager position will need to have the following experience:
• An existing General Manager or Production/Engineering Manager looking for a step up to General Management.
• Technical qualification in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is desirable but not essential.
• Knowledge of electroplating or similar processes is highly desirable.
• Strong commercial experience within manufacturing.
• Experience with working within a small SME where you need to get involved in all areas of the operation.
This a wonderful opportunity to manage a very well established engineering company in the heart of Birmingham. The role provides the selected candidate with an exciting challenge to grow the business in to new sectors. If you have the required experience and the desire to manage a small and successful engineering firm, then please click on the link to apply.