Recruiter: Evans Taylor
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £75,000 - £85,000 + car/allowance, bonus & benefits
Application date: 29th Aug 2019
Part of a highly successful global corporation, our client is a name synonymous with the best in the industry. A true market leader in the design and manufacture of a range of products across multiple brands and channels, this formidable organisation has an enviable reputation for technical excellence and vision together with an absolute commitment to the customer. Growth and investment remains firmly on the agenda and as such, this is an extremely exciting time to be joining this organisation. As such we are looking to appoint an outstanding Warehouse General Manager who can shape and deliver transformational change within this progressive organisation.
• Responsibility for the complete UK & Ireland end to end warehousing & logistics operation, covering goods inwards, warehousing, pick, pack and distribution.
• To implement a sophisticated and effective change programme covering people, processes and systems.
• Develop the warehouse design to improve product flows, layouts and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment and innovative solutions.
• Develop and establish lean manufacturing techniques, which optimise overall resource utilisation, aligning inventory levels for finished goods, spare parts and packaging materials.
• Outsourcing and review of external transport/logistics suppliers to ensure their services and capabilities meet the business needs, creation of key performance indicators, including quality, costs & continual improvements.
• To deliver and champion effective warehouse/distribution change management activities for the organisation in order to drive sustainable business improvement.
• Roles of this type are indeed rare and this exciting position demands a high calibre Warehousing/Logistics/ Distribution Specialist who relishes the opportunity to tackle a highly autonomous ‘hands on’ position.
• Of graduate calibre, it is likely that you will have gained your supply chain expertise within either an in-house formidable warehousing operation and/or 3PL provider and as such, previous sector experience may include; FMCG, Automotive, Clothing, Electrical, Retail, Building Products etc. Either which way, you will have experience of driving an underperforming warehousing operation to best in class.
• You will understand the rigours and demands of running a complex warehousing operation together with strong expertise in sustainable warehouse management systems (WMS) improvements.
• Driven, resilient and credible, you will set standards and have the enthusiasm and character to deliver true added value to the organisation.
• Agile and goal orientated, you will have the stature to influence those around you, creating a culture of engagement and collaboration.
• You will relish the opportunity to champion change and advance your career in a market leading organisation where superb opportunities exist for high performers.