Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Competitive + package
Application date: 9th Aug 2019
Based on continuing growth within the aerospace manufacturing sector, we require an experienced General Manager to manage all aspects of an established tooling manufacturing business based in the West Midlands.
With a specific focus on the supply of designed and manufactured fixtures and tooling for aircraft engine manufacturers and components, this manufacturing unit combines a mixture of sub-contract and “in house” production.
This new position requires an experienced senior-level engineering biased senior manager who has an existing working awareness of aerospace manufacturing supply chains, processes and standards.
Specifically, the key role requirements include:
• Day to day management of the business including full P&L responsibility
• Management of the end to end design and manufacturing process
• Development of a strategic plan for how the business can deliver current and future increase in sales
• Identify improvements in supply chain performance
• Develop and implement performance measures within the business for both the design and manufacturing activities
• Manage customer issues and maintain required levels of customer service as well as supporting customer facing activities
• Maintain their AS9100 and relevant customer approvals
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Understands the design to delivery capability of a modern manufacturing operation within the aerospace supply chain
• Has small batch precision manufacturing and assembly exposure
• Degree level education – BEng, MEng or MSc
• Has project management experience in support of singular and/or multiple programmes
• Commercially aware and can be the senior customer contact for this site – this should include having a commercial acumen able to support quotation to contract award activity
• Experience of P&L management and delivery within a technical environment
This permanent position requires candidates who can add value to the organisation. Lean and process improvement exposure is required along with direct and successful people management experience.
To support this role, a competitive salary and package is available and as highlighted, this is an immediate requirement.