Recruiter: Consilium Recruit
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 + car allowance
Application date: 9th Aug 2019
A global manufacturer & supplier of Industrial paints and coatings are currently looking for a General Manager to oversee both sites in Redditch and Droitwich. In this position you will be accountable for the performance, overseeing improvements to the business and act as a point of contact for customers and stakeholders.
As the General Manager, you will be responsible for:
• To establish & implement overall activities and plans necessary to ensure the achievement of the business objectives.
• Develop ideas and strategies in order to improve and maximise operating efficiency.
• Work closely alongside the CEO in order to achieve objectives for the team and group and generate regular progress reports.
• Establish the team procedures and processes to ensure appropriate work flow systems are efficient and effective.
• Train, develop and monitor staff performance including conducting annual appraisals.
• Develop, maintain and improve suppliers and customers.
• Ensure compliance with procurement, competition law and other legislative requirements in line with Corporate Governance.
As the General Manager, you will have:
• Experience managing or working within in a paint manufacturing environment.
• Good knowledge of different business functions.
• Strong leadership qualities and ability to recognise areas for improvement.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Highly organised.
• Strong work ethic.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Computer literate.
• Proactive nature.