Recruiter: MarchantCain Group
Salary: £45,000 to £65,000
Application date: 9th Mar 2021
Your new company
Having an outstanding reputation for creativity and innovation, MarchantCain has become the go-to company for automotive OEMs seeking bespoke complex mechanisms – window regulators, windscreen wipers, washer systems and active aerodynamic components being the core products. Operating in a niche market of mainly hyper- and super-cars many of the customers are insulated from much of the effect of pandemic and withdrawal from the EU. With strong growth still on the cards, this is an exciting time to be joining this dynamic company.
As part of the senior management team, you report to the Board of Directors on the delivery of the company’s goals and targets. You have developed excellent relationships with all the customer representatives. Your experience of driving a manufacturing company to achieve its goals and targets means you are acutely aware of the pitfalls of not having a robust production plan and an eye on every ball. Leading, mentoring and coaching a successful team is part of your DNA and ensuring the general wellbeing of the company and employees is second nature. You have financial acumen which means you are in control of P&L and cashflow and understand the real implications to the entire business of not delivering on time, in full. Having worked in OEMs, Tier 1s and SMEs you understand very well the differences between their needs and methods of operation.
Your Responsibilities – you will
• demonstrate that you are a “hands-on” manager, with a strong capability of reacting calmly, quickly and knowledgeably to changing production needs.
• be a focal point in the transition from new product introduction into manufacturing, demonstrating a strong understanding of the different requirements of prototype engineering and low volume production.
• lead the company through the implementation of IATF16949 and a 2-year programme of the SMMT’s National Manufacturing Competitiveness Level training and mentoring whilst maintaining ISO 9001.
• apply an understanding and working knowledge of MRPs.
• use your knowledge and experience in the application and development of manufacturing systems and processes to lead a manufacturing team towards best in class.
• lead manufacturing activities as well as manage the progress of the other aspects of the business as the company goes through another major expansion.
To apply, please email email@example.com