Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: West Bromwich
Salary: Up to £70,000 + car allowance + benefits
Application date: 11th Mar 2022
An experienced General Manager is required for a fast-paced automotive component manufacturing business. The company part of a larger group is now looking to appoint a dynamic and progressive General Manager who will report directly to the Group Managing Director. This is an exciting but challenging opportunity that will require strong management skills and a real belief in working with people to create engagement and a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role you must have a demonstrable track record of managing lean transformation within a traditional production environment. As General Manager you will have excellent communication skills be commercially aware and have a strong manufacturing operations background that can deliver against exacting automotive SQCDME targets.
To be considered for the General Manager position you must have experience of / or be;
• Operating as an effective Operations Director, Manufacturing Director, Plant Manager or General Manager and be able to demonstrate a track record of success.
• Working within a high-volume precision component manufacturing business. This could include, press work, stamping, fine blanking, diecasting or similar metal processing industry.
• A thorough understanding of modern lean manufacturing tools and techniques operating in a JIT environment and adhering to ISO/IATF Quality & HSE standards.
• A strong Engineering or Manufacturing background, with significant automotive experience supplying direct to both Tier 1s and OEMs.
• Excellent communication skills, commercially orientated with P&L experience and the ability to build robust working relationships internally and with customers and suppliers alike.
• Leading by example, setting high standards with excellent people management skills and the ability to lead and motivate.
• Dynamic, driven and prepared to do what it takes to get the job done.
This is a challenging and high-profile role that offers the opportunity to make sustainable change in a traditional manufacturing environment. The role of General Manager will require strong leadership and decision-making skills with a focus that ensures exacting safety and QCD standards are achieved together with excellent customer service.