Recruiter: Michael Page
Salary: Competitive salary & benefits package
Application date: 2nd Dec 2022
About Our Client
For nearly 50 years, Alltrista® has been striving to positively impact people’s lives with their products. Experts in the design and manufacture of rigid packaging and custom moulded solutions, Alltrista® specializes in innovative, high-volume, precision manufacturing for the medical, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, specialty, and high-end consumer markets. By incorporating new technologies, such as Compression Blow Forming (CBF), Alltrista® can offer reduced base material, lightweight packaging that minimises impact on the environment while maximising cost and efficiency.
Alltrista holds leading market positions in high value-add, niche, and diverse product categories. It is a business constantly innovating and refining the manufacturing process while developing new tools and processes to get products to market in less time with less cost.
The General Manager is fully accountable for the operational performance of the Christchurch facility. S/he will develop the strategic plans to ensure the vision, mission, values, and principles are internalised by all employees and practised throughout the facility. The General Manager will ensure that the Christchurch facility is aligned to the wider group’s goals of creating a safe and inclusive workplace that exceeds the expectations of both it’s valued employees and customers.
Further responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
• Outstanding leadership of the team and wider business to ensure outstanding performance levels across Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery.
• Ensuring necessary training, assessment and development of personnel to ensure high levels of management development and to provide the capable management succession.
• Ensuring adherence to all regulatory and legal standards.
• Promoting a culture of operational excellence and continuous challenge and improvement where new concepts can be introduced and sustained within the organisation.
• Appraises and evaluates the results of overall site operations regularly and systematically, and reports these results to the Director of Operations.
• Developing and maintaining sound working relationships with the customer base. Actively participates, to help “grow the business” through interaction with new and existing customers.
• Personally participates in the logistics operation of the site, including the administration of developed pricing, quantities predetermined, terms and conditions of sale, and the acceptance and crediting of returns.
The Successful Applicant
As the General Manager, you will have a proven track record of success leading sizeable operations in a manufacturing environment. This is likely to be at Operations Director / Plant Manager / General Manager / Managing Director level.
Further selection criteria will include, but not be limited to;
• A proven track record of outstanding people leadership with demonstrable track record of developing teams and inclusive, high performance work environments.
• Degree Educated in an Engineering or Business Discipline or Qualified by Experience. Having an MBA would be advantageous.
• Thorough knowledge in Manufacturing Accounting/Capital Budgeting and Analysis, Process Engineering/Tooling, Inventory Control processes, Quality Assurance principles, and Manufacturing Administration & Regulatory Experience.
• A proven track record of leading successful manufacturing facilities.
• Successful Total Quality Management experience.
• The ability to balance strategic and operational objectives.
What’s on Offer
In addition to an outstanding basic salary, you will receive excellent benefits and the opportunity to lead an exciting change and transformation journey.