Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Salary: Competitive package
Application date: 14th Dec 2023
In support of the management and ongoing development of a firmly established, family cultured SME manufacturing organisation, we are seeking a General Manager to be based in Droitwich who will continue the company’s success.
Supporting the ‘stepping back’ of the Managing Director and Owner, the new General Manager is indicated as holding responsibility for:
• Business and P&L reporting – providing financial, commercial, engineering and operational updates to the Managing Director on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Support sales and customer success and key customer engagement where required, maintaining and further developing the service and responsiveness of the company.
• With a focus around NPD and NPI, support the ongoing delivery of equipment and services as well as the successful launch of future equipment design.
• Lead and work with the existing employee base and be central to the identification and addition of future employees.
• Hold responsibility for all health and safety within the business.
• Further develop the business culturally with a focus on technical capability and performance.
• Maintain and further develop the company’s reputation and standards.
• Provide cost and profit management including the successful and timely deployment of approved capex spend on equipment and plant.
• Ensure the working experience is positive and safe for all.
The General Manager will ‘inherit’ the majority of the working activities of the current Managing Director and in partnership with the existing senior management team and employees, will be focused on the accurate and further successful delivery of the company’s products and services to their existing and future customer base.
With continuing demand for their bespoke electro-mechanical/PLC controlled tooling and service expertise across a variety of robotic and automation applications, the General Manager will need to have a strong relating technical awareness and exposure level to support the understanding of the design and manufacturing processes. Having an awareness of varied manufacturing processes, lean practices and project/programme management exposure is required.
To support this role, suitable candidates are expected to have recent demonstrable experience working at this level as well as having particular experience of a similar smaller SME manufacturing business environment. A close cultural alignment of suitable candidates is required to support the continuing positive and ‘family’ style of culture within the company.
Suitable candidates should have a strong understanding and exposure to customer engagement, business leadership, accounting functions including P&L and cashflow, relating site operations, commercial, marketing and HSE / environmental requirements. Suitable degree and above qualifications are required.