Recruiter: Jonathan Lee Recruitment
Location: Wednesbury, West Midlands
Salary: £70,000 - £75,000 per annum + car, bonus
Application date: 22nd Jun 2018
Due to continued growth, this well-established castings manufacturer is looking for a dynamic General Manager to run the operation with full P&L responsibility.
Reporting in to the Global VP you will be responsible for all aspects of the operation.
• Management and control of all activities at the site
• Managing and developing supervisory staff
• Developing budgets and forward plans for the site in conjunction with group requirements.
• Developing and implementing organisational plans so as to meet agreed organisational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales
• Directing Human Resources in developing training programs for personnel
• Ensuring at all times safety awareness & knowledge to meet statutory and company standards
• Establishing a “5S” & LEAN philosophy within the organisation
• Championing the continuous improvement culture within the organisation
• Developing leadership principles & planning to reduce employee turnover and optimise talent
Background and experience:
• Bachelor degree in an engineering discipline (Metallurgical, Mechanical) is desirable but not essential
• Solid experience within a foundry operation is essential
• Management experience at a senior level
• Highly computer literate with strong emphasis in process engineering, production planning and preventative maintenance
• Experience with change management
• Experience with LEAN principles
• Fluency in written and spoken English, second language skills would be an advantage
This role offers an outstanding career development opportunity and the chance to join a well respected international manufacturing business.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting General Manager role.